A college visit is a must when narrowing down your college list. Visiting a college campus is the only way to make sure a college feels right for you.
Many colleges offer free overnight stays in the residence halls and food in the dining hall at the campus. However, some colleges have gone even farther to help students with their visit to campus
- College Fly-In Programs – These programs are competitive visit programs. There are limited spaces available and students must apply to participate in the program.
- Colleges That Offer Travel Reimbursement – List of colleges that offer travel reimbursement for students who visit campus.
- Colleges That Offer Visit Scholarships – List of colleges that offer a visit scholarship or grant for students who visit campus. Students must enroll at the institution to receive the scholarship.
College visits are my favorite part of the college admissions process. As a former admissions officer, I spent a lot of time planning college visits and hosting prospective students on campus. Because of my extensive experience with college visits on college campuses, I have written a lot of articles on the college visit. Check out these articles for tips on making the most of the college visit.
- 18 Tips to Make the Most of Your College Visit
- 30 Questions to Ask Current Students
- 7 Benefits of Staying Overnight When Visiting Colleges
- How to Make College Visits Less Expensive
- College Visit: Open House or Individual Visit?
- College Visit Tip: Go Off Course and Script
- 4 Tips for Summer College Visits
Don’t forget the surrounding community when visiting a college campus. When you become a college student at a campus, you will visit the community surrounding your campus on a regular basis! This is why it is important to check out the local area during your college visits. College Scoops have put together some great recommendations for local eateries and other points of interest near 120+ college campuses. If you’re visiting one of the colleges on their list, check out their recommendations.