Can you believe it is already November? Congratulations to the students who have already submitted their college applications. If you haven’t submitted your application yet, don’t worry! We still have time until many of the regular decision deadlines.
High School Seniors
- Application deadlines are coming! Do not procrastinate! Work on your applications every day until they are ready to be submitted. Don’t wait until the last minute because you never know what will happen in life. In addition to the Common Application, check out the Cappex Application*. The application is accepted by 125 colleges and there is NO APPLICATION FEE!
- If you haven’t done so already, make sure your SAT and/or ACT scores have been submitted to the colleges if they are required.
- Follow up with your recommendation writers to ensure your recommendations are submitted by the deadline.
- Keep your grades up. Although many of the colleges will make decisions without your senior year grades, senior year grades do matter! If your grades slip drastically, colleges can rescind admission offers or reduce financial aid.
High School Juniors
- Start preparing for the SAT and/or ACT. Signing up is not enough. Make sure you do some test prep before taking the test. While there are many great fee-based test prep companies, such as Magoosh.com*, there are also a lot of free test prep resources available.
- Keep up your grades! And, if your grades have slipped, don’t continue down that path. Instead, figure out why your grades have slipped and turn yourself around. Your grades play a big part in college admission and financial aid. The better student you are, the better options you have for college and financial aid!
- Research colleges and find colleges that are good fits for you! Here is some tips for building your college list and finding the best fit for you:
Have a great November! If you ever have any questions or think there is an article that could be helpful for me to post, send me a message. And, don’t forget to follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram.