California State University, East Bay is hosting Education Summit 2015 on Jan. 31, 2015. The event is geared towards first generation, African American, Asian American, Latino, Native American, and Pacific Islander students and their families. The event will give attendees an opportunity to hear from inspirational speakers, attend educational, college and career related workshops, and stroll through a college and resource fair.
Education Summit 2015
Saturday, Jan. 31, 2015
9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
California State University, East Bay
25800 Carlos Bee Blvd.
Hayward, CA 94542
Campus event location: Gymnasium
- Educational and college and career related workshops for Middle, High School and Community College students and their families.
- College and Resource Fair – Northern CSU campuses, community colleges and area vendors will have booths at the fair.
- Admissions and financial aid information.
- Free parking – a real plus because at many college campuses, visitors have to pay to park! Attendees are encouraged to park in Lots A, B, D or E for convenient access to the event.
- Free coffee and hot chocolate in the morning
- Free lunch in the afternoon
- Free shuttle for BART riders to and from the event
Students looking to attend college should find this event a great resource to learn more about college, gain tips about admissions and financial aid for college, and learn about all of the resources available for first generation and minority college students.
To attend, students are encouraged to register before the event.