Graduation announcements have been around for a long time. When I graduated from high school twenty years ago, we only had one option. We had to purchase our graduation announcement from the school. Announcements were personalized with our names, but everything else was exactly the same as our classmates. Today, however, we have a lot of options to announce to the world (or just our family and friends) that you are graduating.
One of my favorite places to get personalized products is Minted*. They have a wonderful collection of graduation announcements & invites. And, the best part is they have great prices. If you design your announcements and purchase them by April 30, 2018, you can get 15%. Just include the promo code CLASSOF2018* at checkout.
Today’s graduation announcements can really be about you! As it has always been done, you will want to include your name, graduation year, name of your school and the date of your graduation. However, you can put much more (if you want), such as:
- Whatever photo you want. You are not tied to using your graduation photo. If you love your cap and gown photo, use it! But, if you want something that shows your personality, go for it!
- Future plans. If you know you will be attending college in the fall, let them know where you will be attending and what you will be majoring in. If you’re taking a gap year, what will you be doing? If you are graduating from college and already have a job lined up, share this accomplishment. It’s up to you!
Take a look at some of the beautiful options here:
Why send graduation announcements?
There are multiple reasons to announce your graduation. And, you will not be the only one who will want to announce your graduation! Your parents will also want to boost about your accomplishments!
- Announce to family and friends. Your close family and friends will know you are graduating, but what about the family who lives further away. They still care and want to help you celebrate your big day!
- It’s a keepsake. Even though my graduation announcement wasn’t as pretty as the ones today, I still have it! It’s put away with my other high school items, including my yearbooks, diploma, and photos. I actually pulled it out recently to reminisce.
- It’s a thank you to those who helped. Anyone who helped during your school career should be thanked. And, they want to help you celebrate your accomplishments. Many will keep it as a keepsake as well. I still have graduation announcements students have given me over the years.
- Graduation gifts. While I am not a fan of sending out announcements just to receive gifts, graduation announcements may prompt the receiver to send you a gift to celebrate your graduation!
This is a busy time for seniors! Therefore, make sure you knock off one of your graduation to-dos by creating your graduation announcements today!
|Note: This post contains affiliate links. You will not pay more, but I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.|