Do you do interesting, helpful, strange, or funny things while driving? DefensiveDriving.com, an online defensive driving instruction company, invites students to submit a video showing or explaining these activities. The best video, as judged by the company, will receive a $1,500 scholarship.
Students must meet the following requirements to be eligible for the scholarship contest:
- Must be a high school senior or a current college student. Home-schooled students may apply as long as their course of study is equivalent to a high school senior.
- Must be a legal resident of the United States.
- Must be enrolled in classes at a college, university, or vocational school during the Fall 2015 semester.
For the official rules for the scholarship, please visit the DefensiveDriving.com Scholarship website.
Students have been submitting videos for the scholarship since Jan. 1, 2015. Videos that have been submitted so far include song parodies, helpful hints for safe driving, and fun stories from driving sessions. Some videos were filmed in the convenience of the student’s room, while others have been shot inside a car. Students are asked to be creative with their video and show their personality. Humor, music, and anything else a students wishes to use to convey their message is encouraged. Videos must meet the following requirements to be eligible:
- Student must discuss 2-3 things they do while driving. These things can be interesting, helpful, strange, or funny.
- Video must include the student’s name at the beginning of the video.
- Video should be 20 to 45 seconds in length and can be filmed on a smartphone, digital camera, or webcam.
- Video should be taken in the “landscape” format rather than “portrait” format.
- DefensiveDriving.com encourages students to upload their video to YouTube and include “DefensiveDriving.com Scholarship 2015” in the title.
In addition to the video, students must submit a short online application and like the DefensiveDriving.com’s Facebook page. All entries must be received by Apr. 30, 2015 to be considered for the scholarship. Visit the scholarship website to learn more about the scholarship and to apply.